Agile as a methodology and culture is based on the following principles. If you read them carefully you will understand the essence of Agile and what Agile is all about.
- Customer satisfaction by early and continuous delivery of useful software.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development.
- Working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months).
- Close, daily cooperation between business people and developers.
- Projects are built around motivated individuals, who should be trusted.
- Face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication (co-location).
- Working software is the principal measure of progress.
- Sustainable development, able to maintain a constant pace.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design.
- Simplicity— only build what is really essential.
- Self-organizing teams.
- Regular adaptation to changing circumstance.